Thursday 7 March 2013

Evaluation - question 2.




Text format:

My magazine is representing a certain social group where people favourite the music genres of R’n’B and hip hop. Within this the social group, through the research that I have done, I found out that the age range that I am mainly targeting is mainly16-23 year olds who are in education who have an interest in upbeat music which has a similarity to their personality and talents, talents such as dancing, singing or partying with friends. Also from the research I have completed, I found that their hobbies are heavily influenced by the music, the environment that they are in and what sort of clothes they are wearing, whether this being a festival, rave, parties or concerts. As my age range is such a young and fresh group of people, they are all influenced by each others fashion and the A-list singers fashion; this can be a stylish look with a twist of sexiness to it. I have included this in my own magazine with my pictures as it makes it more appealing to the eye for both female and male readers. To make sure that my magazine is appealing to them I used questionnaires/surveys to ensure that my magazine to suit their likes. To represent my social group in particular, I had to choose my models appropriately ensuring they fit my social group themselves, making my magazine look as appealing as possible. I had to ensure that I focused on my own genre throughout the whole of my magazine, as it was a clear message I wanted to portray towards my audience, for example indie or rock. I avoided both of these by keeping my model wearing ‘street wear’, a casual look for her to match my genre, instead of having denim jackets for an indie genre, or maybe a studded top for rock.

On the front cover I had model on her own, conveying to my audience that the main focus of my magazine was on her. My model had long brown hair which was styled in a messy ‘stage look’ which gave off the message such as she is wild and her personality shines throughout her work. Furthermore, I feel that this connotes power with the colours in which she is wearing. Bright colours such as the pink, blue and yellow on her top, prove to the audience that she is an artist who is going out of her comfort zone to make herself successful and noticed. Her makeup was quite heavy within the eyes; this was really effective as it made her bright blue eyes stand out which had an overall enhancement on the picture. Overall her facial features and clothing represented the more feminine side of my audience profile as she was quite glamorous but slightly rebellious. Her body language was highlighting the fact that she wanted to be noticed. It also conveyed the high confidence level in which she carried throughout the magazine. The pose in which she has done on the front cover suggests that she is confident and is looking directly at you due to the way in which the camera is set up.
This is very appealing to makes and females as the social group do not like to be overshadowed by others and like to be confident. My model definitely portrays this, enhancing the idea through her clothing, body language and makeup. She has got her top slightly down from her shoulder which is showing more of a mysterious side to my model, this gives a sexier vibe off of the magazine and looks bold when you look at it. This suggests that she is comfortable with herself to be expressing herself in such a way to an audience. I think that overall, my model is a good representation of the sort of artist my audience is going to be interested in. my reasoning’s behind this is that she has a very confident look about her which catches peoples eyes for the good reasons, it also highlights confidence which is normally attractive in a woman.

The locations in which I used for my photoshoot’s varied. As my house colours for my magazine were blue pink and black, I wanted to keep it consistent throughout. Some of my pictures were taken against a blue textured fence, some against a brick wall, and some indoors. I chose to take the ones against the blue fence because it kept with the theme of blue which was on my models top. I chose the brick wall to make a collage of images, so that I could break it up from the more serious images I had already placed in my magazine. I thought I should mix it up a bit so it is more relatable for my social group as the group I am targeting is all about freedom, fun and social events. The images I took outside, give more of a social event feel to them, therefore, I feel like my audience will be able to connect with my magazine at a higher level.

Finally, my representation of my social group throughout my magazine was suitable for the age range I was targeting. The front cover and contents page, I made several references to well known artists who are high in popularity for the social group targeted. It makes my audience profile aware that I am making the magazine how it is due to their likes and interests. Furthermore, as previously mentioned, my particular audience are at the age of experiencing new social events. In my contents page I made columns for referencing the gigs lined up, such as ‘reading’ and ‘V festival’. This way, the audience can relate well to this as it is one of the events where most people come together and listen to the certain genre of music they enjoy. From putting these columns in, available to my reader, it will show interest as I have applied knowledge of what would look appealing for them to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment