Thursday 7 March 2013

Evaluation - question 3.



Text Format:

What kind of institute might distribute your media product and why?

The institution company I choose to distribute my magazine would be one who doesn’t yet have a successful magazine of my particular genre or style, so that it would attract a new target market and would have an interest and a higher demand. It would attract new audiences for people who read similar magazines to the ones already distributed by this company. I wouldn’t want to distribute my magazine with the company who have distributed Vibe as it I have used one of the vibe magazines as a style model for my own magazine. I would want to find a distributor which is looking to distribute their first music magazine to make it a success. An example of this is hearst magazines.

For me to be able to distribute my magazine in a successful way, I would want there to be a company which is looking for something different, something which has a high demand, and that is something which I can provide for them. One of the main reasons that I would chose to use hearst magazines to distribute my magazine is because I know that I would get a larger financial agreement on the terms of releasing my magazine and getting it well known. To make sure that my magazine is publicised, it would need a huge marketing campaign which would catch the attention of all of the possible readers and buyers.

Working with hearst magazine will benefit me, because they already distribute magazines such as Elle, cosmopolitan, company and reveal, which are all well known existing magazines. However, these are all fashion magazines, none of which feature any of the topics which my magazine is offering. I want to make sure that I am catching the attention of new buyers by introducing something new to them, from a already known and trusted distributor.

The company would like my magazine because I am offering a new product to widen their target audience as an overall company. This is because I am targeting both genders, therefore, their market share will increase. I think that hearst magazine would benefit from my magazine being distributed by them because of my larger target audience, it could lead to them buying into other magazines that they distribute, and can cause more of a buzz for the different genre of magazine offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment