Thursday 27 September 2012

Initial preliminary task

Front cover:
For my front cover, I wanted to stick to the basics of photoshop as I had never used it before. I wanted to make one person the main focus of my magazine, so I thought I would put Megan as the main focus would be about her modelling. To carry on focusing on Megan, I wanted to put a large text at the bottom stating what it is about so it doesn't cause confusion. As the magazine is about Haydon, I used some of Haydon's school colours such as blue and white. I planned to make all the titles blue with a white 'stroke' effect to it which gives boldness to the outline of the text. I wanted to do this so that I could emphasis that this is what I wanted the main focus to be on. I plan to use green to break up all the other colours used. I want to use 3 colours because otherwise it will look more unprofessional and not appealing to read if it were a real one. The sellines are all relevant to Haydon and what is going on within the school.
Contents:
My initial ideas for the contents page were to have mainly pictures and only a little amount of space for text. I planned to have a larger picture at the bottom as a simple yet meaningful image. The three others that I planned to put were off prom king and queen, year 8s pop project and just an overall image of the school. This is again relevant to the school and gives the reader an idea of what they will be reading about before they even go to the page. I chose for the text to all be in green because it goes with the front cover and also links with the picture we see at the bottom of the page. I wanted it to all flow so it looked better when I presented it on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment