Thursday 13 September 2012

Front cover - preliminary task

This is the front cover that I designed for my 'Talk of Haydon'. I made the background image of Megan because I made her the main topic of my magazine. I made this my image choice because it is a main bleed image. Megan takes up the whole background which emphasises how the topic of the modelling competition is important within the magazine. The image of Megan also portrays the look of a casting picture which is used in modelling. It was taken within the school which highlights the fact she has won it for Haydon School.

The colours i have used set a house style. It is eyecatching but at the same time, not over the top. I used subtle colours such as Blue, white and green. Using blue and white highlights the Haydon colours which again reminds us it is all about the school she's from. I gave some of the text the 'stroke' effect which boldens the text and indicates the importance of it. Not only this, it draws your attention to it straight away and again, it highlights the way it is the main topic. The masthead has also got the 'stroke' effect, but has a thicker outline as that is what you want to notice first when you look at the magazine. The subtitle of 'our weekly news' shows the news is offered to the school every week. I chose the colour of light blue because it doesnt destract the attention away from the masthead. It is still visable, but isnt to bright to catch your attention.

The cell lines have been structured so that they are at different levels which makes the magazine more interesting to look at. Looking at the cell lines, the colours have been arranged so they go in an order of colour. Some have been made in bold. This helps it look more sophisticated. I chose where i put the text carefully because the colours of Megans shirt effected my choice of colours. I couldnt put white on her forearm because the white text was then hard to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment