Thursday 13 September 2012

Contents page - preliminary task

This is my contents page that I made to go with my magazine 'Haydons Talk'. To start off I put the masthead at the top of the page. I put it at the top right hand corner because the rest of the text is placed on the right hand side.This way it shows the seperation of the two texts to show what is meant to catch your attention first. I made the text green because it matched the colour of the grass, and helped form a house colour. Only using one colour was my choice because I didnt want to make it look tacky and unprofessional. I made the contents page simple because then it is easy to follow. All my pages are relevant to Haydon recently including different year groups so it is good for everyone to read.



In addition to this, I added this image to my contents page as I wanted to capture all aspects of the field. I wanted to do this because it shows how big the school is and how the image could be a metaphor for the amount of news that goes on within the school.



Using the same colour and size font for the numbers and text because the page hasnt got to much on it, which means the reader is instantly looks to the text because nothing is over the top. Having this font was because I didnt want to over-do the look of going to a more professional look. I wanted to keep it simple so it is easy to read and doesnt cause confusion. I left a good amount of spacing between each of the lines so that it is clear to the reader.






No comments:

Post a Comment